Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Continuing August

     I am making an effort to keep up with own goal for the summer: A picture for every day of August. It is proving to be a true challenge. I have missed two more days, in addition to the one that I missed already. I am trying, whenever possible, to substitute another favorite picture from a different day. Funny, those few days that I have missed are the ones I already have the greatest trouble remembering. As my "accountability" comes from posting on this blog, I felt the need to confess. I am finding this goal of mine challenging, but in the end it's worth it.
     For the previous 10 days of August...

{August 12th - 21st}

{August 12th} Brother #2 turned 13 today. 
As in, I now have 2 teenage brothers. 
Nine days in, and we all are surviving so far :)


{Substitute for August 13th} This is one of the pictures I am substituting - a picture that I actually took on the 11th. I know it's way too bright (problems of constantly having to adjust manual camera settings)  but it's still one of my favorites from the day...


{August 14th} I actually took this one on the 14th. On this beautiful 14th day of August, I headed off with my awesome youth group to the Adirondack Mountains. This youth group camping trip is an annual tradition at my church, and one of the highlights of my summer every year. 


{August 15th} Words don't do this justice. 


{August 16th} Yes, that's me and my friend, kayaking. So peaceful and perfect that day. And if you wonder about the look on my face, no, I was not angry. Just concentrated :)


{August 17th} Sadly, this was the day we packed up and all had to head back home. The only good part was that I got to then spend 3 more hours in the car traveling back with my friends, listening to music, talking, and playing games. So in case you couldn't tell, this is a picture from the car ride, complete with dirty socks and everything (a token of camping).


{August 18th} Another exciting day. The coconut oil, in case you were wondering, was a photo from the birth that I was at most of that day (photographing).


{August 19th} Ok, this may be another one of the days where I didn't take any pictures. Again. So I am posting two photos from the 20th.

{August 20th} Throughout the summer, my mom watches a friend's kids one day a week. Which means for one day a week there are nine of us kids around the house instead of five, and because some of those kids are the same age as Brother #1, we spend a lot of the time playing card games, board games, etc. Or rather they do, and I join them every once in awhile.


{Also August 20th} Forts in the living room are a common site at my house, especially during the summer, with friends to help build and play. 


{August 21st} And finally, we have a favorite evening past-time of mine:
 Photo-editing with a cup of chamomile tea, of course :)



I have another exciting 10 days ahead to finish up the month, so stay tuned! If any of you have also been inspired to set your own, personal photo-taking challenge and would like to share, please feel free to comment or talk to me about it. I would love to hear how you are documenting your summer! And eventually, I will post about my business again. I have lots of favorites from my sessions this summer, coming your way soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment